Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Movies

I was thinking about Sunday night, where people gave testamonies about New Wine, and I decided to give one myself, on my blog, so I could think about it and make it make sense. No Guarrantees, though.

I love movies. They're orsum. S when Howard included them in his talks at Firewire, I was like "Great!" I especially love hilarious movies with random characters, like Mr Bean, Napoleon Dynamite, that sort of thing, and great epic movies, like Lord of the Rings. I lovev the big moments when everyone's fighting for their lives, and then suddenly, the hero arrives on a mountain with the sunrise behind then, the wind streaming through their hair, and big dramatic music. You just feel yourself going "Yeah! Whoo-hoo!" You get this great sense of awe, and you know that everything's going to be all right. Often, you also think "Day-anm!", but that depends on the actor in mention. As Howard said, this is slightly like when we meet God, but millions and billions and trillions and zillions and infinity times greater than this. God is just amazing and awe-inspiring. Sometimes we get caught up in our little petty battles, but forget about the big picture and God. But he is always there for us, and when he does things, they are great and awe-inspiring, and his beauty shines through. All this is so many times greater than we can possibly fathom in our best dream it's mindblowing. He's probably hotter than any actors too.

Also, God doesn't want us to live boring lives. He is like the director of a movie, planning great things and direcrting us. We just need to listen and obey. And the movie he planned isn't some boring movie that no-one wants to watch, it is an exciting adventure. It is a movie that everyone will want to watch. It is a glorious story that will honour God. How amazing will that be, if we just let God, the best director ever, do his thing?

The orsumest characters in movies are always the weird ones. The random ones who aren't worried about what other people care about them, and just be themselves. They don't need to be the same as everyone else, they are comfortable with themselves, and this is what makes them so orsum. We shouldn't worry about what other people think about us, but ujst be comfortable in the skins and personalities God gave us. They are the best we could possibly have, far greater than any we could try to be on our own.

There we go, that was my deep post for the year. That was one of the things I got out of New Wine. But you should go next year. It will be better than just reading my boring post.

Luv ya,
bayla
x0x0

4 comments:

Cassie said...

you forgot about Kenny

Cassie said...

Thats really cool bayla, God IS the director of our lifes when you look at it like that,
and we are the producers!
xo0ox

essie said...

Now I'm really curious about which actors make you go "Day-amn"! :)

bayla!!!!! said...

Who do you think??? Bret McKenzie ...

Kenny all the way, lol. Really, I don't why you think I'm obsessed with him, Crunch. I only watched the with you once.