Thursday, August 28, 2008

When I grow up ...

I was just thinking about some thing Ben said a couple of weeks ago at Church. He said "And someday, Bayla will be Worship Leading...". This made me think, you know, someday, we will be the leaders. Someday we will make decisions. Someday, we will be adults. Ths is quite a scary thought. In ten years time, will I be like Huggies is now? Or Diana? Or In 15 years, will I be like Ben? I can't imagine ever being as mature and orsum and strong and everything like that as them, but the time will come when it will be ... up to me. All the cool people who run the evening service will be old crusty 10.30ers (lol), and It'll be us, the goofy youth running the evening service. I can't help wondering, will the service just be the same few people in youth group? Will we fail God? Will people miss out in hering about God because of our failings? Deep down I know God will look after us, that he wouldn't let that happen, but it's still a scary thought. How could we, the silly youth group, be tomorrows Bens, Huggies and Dianas? We're nothing like that. I want to be, but I know we just aren't. I can't picture a day when I'm up the front, preaching or worship leading, along with Cassie, Esther, and Susan, to a Church full with people we have brought. You know what I mean? It seems we would just be a giggling, self-consious mess. I just don't feel like we're made to do that, yet who else is there? Sigh. Us, the leaders of tomorrow? too much pressure. I don't know. We aren't Ben or Diana or Huggies, as much as I'd like to be. How can we do what they're doing as awesomely as they are?

5 comments:

Cassie said...

I have to say that I kinda dissagree. I can't wait for the chance to do all those things that the people that we look up to today do. I would love the chance to do a sermon at 6pm and to be a worship leader, and I personaly would really enjoy Diana's job, I I know theres alot more to it than that, stress, finding the time, worying over perfection.
I know that thought comes up in my mind everyday, "I wonder if I'll be like that person?" or "I wonder if I could ever sing like that" or lookig at Huggies and what she did with the water tank, I would always hope that I could do something so helpful like that. I think it would be awesome thinking that when I'm in my 30's or 20's looking back at how long I would have been going to All Saints and looking back on how we used to act. It would also be awesome if us 4 still ALL went to All Saints, still be friends.

Great blog Bayla.
Luf ya!
xoxo

Esther said...

I say just be yourself because you can't be another Huggies or Diana - you were made to be yourself so be proud of that and let God hold your hand and lead you to where he wants you to be...

xxx

Ben said...

Can I just say that you guys are already waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead in your walk with God than I was at your age and yet you still have way more to give. I have a lot of respect for you guys and see incredible potential already being lived out. I've been telling so many people about all you Jr youthies as I talk to people at All Saints and in other places too. I'm incredibily proud of you and what you bring to our community at All Saints. The key I think has been your willingness to serve, to get involved, to allow God to be at work through you, to realise that you are blessed to be a blessing as it says in the Bible. I think that's the common link between all the guys you look up to at the moment - they are all just ordinary people who love God and want to serve him and love others. God can do amazing things through people like that - just look at the first group of Disciples. Pretty ordinary guys, yet Jesus said that they would do all that he did and MORE, and they went on to change to world!
Bless you guys - you are a blessing
Ben

essie said...

Ben, you soooooo copied your comment for Cassie's blog too. Don't think I didn't notice! :)

But we forgive you, because you have small children.

Bayla, of course you not like Huggies. Not only would that be weeeird...but it would be weird. And I think one of me is more than enough. People have trouble putting up with one Huggies as it is.

Unless you referring to Huggies nappies, in which case, the more the better :D

Much better to have a Bayla. Even in 10 or 15 years, I bet she still loves yellow and laughs crazily and mocks Ben. I still do, and I'm OOOOOLD.

You don't have to change. You might get some mad skills on the way. You already pretty skilled though, so maybe you should just eat icecream and enjoy the ride

(note: although I like yellow, I like green much much more)

(second note: how come no-one is worried about being the next Natalie?)

bayla!!!!! said...

hmmm ... interesting. When I post a depressed blog, people say ince things to me...
good to know ...